Kirkland Minoxidil review.
What you should know about Kirkland Minoxidil?
It can be said that Kirkland is one of the most popular brands that offer Minoxidil as a hair loss treatment. The concentration of Minoxidil in this product is 5%, which based on research provides users with more noticeable results than 2% concentrations. The other thing to know about Kirkland brand is that it offers Minoxidil product as topical solution and foam. The main difference between these two are that in order to apply topical solution you need to use a special applicator that is included and with foam you only need to massage the solution to your scalp until it is fully absorbed. Foam is usually preferred by users who tend to have more sensitive skin and need faster drying time.
Before considering trying this product it is important to know that it can only work for men those hair loss is at the top of the scalp (Vertex). So if you are experiencing receding hairline or frontal baldness, Kirkland Minoxidil is not the right hair loss product for you. It is important to mention that in USA usage of 5% Minoxidil concentration is only approved for men and for women it is only 2%. Due to this Kirkland products can be only used by men and women should consider alternative treatments. Some good options for that might Provillus or Rogaine that offer separate products for women that have Minoxidil in concentrations of 2%.
Does it actually work?
In order to provide the answer to this question it is important to look at the main ingredient that is included in Kirkland products – Minoxidil. When it comes to hair loss, Minoxidil is probably one of the most researched ingredients for this condition. Due to this there are quite a lot of studies available that confirm this components effectiveness (in different concentrations) for preventing hair loss. Bellow you can find a list of some of these studies and what results they showed.
One of the studies on Minoxidil lasted for one year and it involved 984 participants those hair loss was due to Male Pattern Baldness. Participants in the study applied 5% Minoxidil solution topically two times per day on scalp areas that were affected by hair loss. Results of this study showed that 62% of participants noticed that scalp areas with hair loss were reduced. It is also worthwhile to mention that about 4% of participants in the study reported side effects while using Minoxidil; however they were not very serious.
The next study also tried to investigate effectiveness of Minoxidil 5% topical solution and it involved 743 men who were affected Male Pattern Baldness. Results of this clinical trial showed that hair loss areas on the scalp were reported smaller by about 67% of participants. It is also important to mention that from all participants in the study only 13 reported side effects.
Based on these mentioned studies it can be said that Minoxidil (5%) definitely works for hair loss (with high success rate) and causes side effects only for a small number of people. Results usually vary per individual depending on how a particular person responds to this agent and whether hair loss is already progressed or not. So it can be concluded that trying a product like Kirkland Minoxidil can definitely help to stop hair loss and even promote new hair growth.
What are the Main Pros and Cons?
- The fact that Kirkland and other hair loss products that contain Minoxidil in concentrations of 5% can work effectively for hair loss are confirmed by a lot of clinical studies. So before trying this product you can be sure that it works with high success rate and rarely cause side effects;
- Due to high popularity of Kirkland products you can find quite a lot of user reviews online about this hair loss product. Most of these reviews confirm effectiveness of this solution so before buying it you can know exactly when and what results to expect;
- One of the biggest benefits of Kirkland products is that they are priced very cheaply. You can buy 12 month supply for as little as $60-$100 (depending on the current discount), which is a bit cheaper than Rogaine;
- Based on some user testimonials first results are usually visible with 2 months of using this product, so it can be said that Kirkland Minoxidil works quite fast;
- Since Kirkland offers hair loss solutions for many years already you can be sure about the quality and effectiveness of their products;
- Since the only ingredient in this hair loss product is Minoxidil, it can work only with limited success rate. Other products usually combine DHT blockers and vitamins & minerals so they are able to address different possible causes of hair loss, which in turn provides users with better results;
- Just like any Minoxidil based product, Kirkland requires continues use if you want your new grown hair not to fall out;
- This product can only be used by men whose hair loss is present at the top of the scalp (Vertex). So if your hair loss is more visible in other parts of the scalp it is best to consider other products;
- Not all sellers of this product provide users with money back guarantee, so in case Kirkland Minoxidil doesn’t work for you, you will not be able to ask for refund;
Are there any Side Effects?
The usage of Minoxidil and products that contain it is considered to be safe for most individuals. Despite that it is important to point out that some users might experience a few negative effects. Some of the most common side effects associated with Minoxidil are itching of scalp area and burning sensation. It is also possible that some users might experience a bit more serious side effects like chest pain, dizziness and swelling; however it is important to point out that they are highly unlikely. The other thing to know about Kirkland Minoxidil is that in the beginning of the treatment you might experience increased hair shedding due to usage of this product. However this should not be confused with a side effect, because it only shows that it started to work. Increased shedding means that a new cycle of your hair has started and your new hair needs place for them to grow.
What do consumer reviews say?
If you will spend time reading user reviews of Kirkland Minoxidil, you will find quite a lot of positive testimonials and a few negative reviews. Due to this it can be said that this particular product works for most users; however with limited success rate. Read a few actual user reviews of Kirkland Minoxidil bellow.
For more user reviews of Kirkland Minoxidil visit Amazon page here.
Where to buy Kirkland Minoxidil and what is the Price?
Since Kirkland products for hair loss are quite popular you can buy them on many online websites like Amazon, EBay, Costco and etc. In case you want to buy this product in a form of foam you should know that it is more expensive than topical solution. However if you want to reduce the risk of side effects and want more convenient application it is definitely worthwhile to choose Kirkland Minoxidil Foam. At the moment the price for 6 months package is ~$25 (topical solution) and ~$50 (foam) on Amazon.
Kirkland Minoxidil vs Rogaine.
When comparing these two mentioned products it is quite difficult to tell which one is better. This is because both of them contain the same ingredient – Minoxidil and in the same concentrations (5%). Also it is worthwhile to mention that these brands offer their products as a topical solution and foam. So in theory they are the same and should work equally well; however in reality users tend to have a bit different results with these hair loss products. So before choosing between Rogaine and Kirkland it might be worthwhile to spend some time reading consumer testimonials online, which will give you an idea what product works better and causes fewer side effects. In my opinion it is best to test both of these mentioned products and if you do not see much different between them, stick with Kirkland Minoxidil, since it is a bit cheaper.