What is Revivogen and how does it work?
Revivogen is quite a popular brand offering products for both men and women who are affected by hair loss. Since formula of Scalp Therapy mostly consists of DHT blockers it works best for people who are losing hair due to Androgenic Alopecia (Male Pattern Baldness). According to manufacturer of this product users should start noticing less hair loss and thicker hair within two or three months of usage. Within three or six months of usage your hair will become significantly thicker and your scalp will look fuller. For maximum results Revivogen should be used for up to 18 months and then users can lower the usage to only once per week in order to keep achieved results. In order to better understand how Scalp Therapy works it worthwhile to look at the ingredients included in this treatment, which are listed below.
Ingredients included in Revivogen Scalp Therapy.
- Vitamin B6. This vitamin is essential for people who want to improve the health of their hair. The reason why Vitamin B6 is beneficial for this condition is because it can help to keep the balance of hormones stable. According to a few studies this vitamin in combination with Azelaic Acid and zinc can prevent ~90% of damage done by DHT to hair follicles.
- Gamma linolenic acid (GLA) – is an omega 6 fatty acid that is mostly found in plants and it is beneficial for keeping hair, nails and skin healthy. Since this particular fatty acid is quite difficult to get from diet the easiest way to get it is by taking supplements. Also some studies suggest that GLA is effective at decreasing DHT levels, so it can help to prevent hair loss.
- Zinc. Deficiencies of this component are commonly associated with hair loss in some individuals. This mineral is essential for many functions in the body such as keeping balance of hormones, building new cells and improving body’s ability to absorb other nutrients. However it is worthwhile to mention that too much of Zinc is not good for hair since it might cause hair loss by increasing DHT levels.
- Alpha linolenic acid (ALA) is an omega-3 fatty acid that is found in foods like nuts, seeds and vegetable oils. According to studies this ingredient is also effective at lowering DHT levels.
- Saw Palmetto extract is one of the most common ingredients in hair loss products due to its ability to block DHT.
- Azelaic acid is also a DHT blocker and some studies suggest that it improves effectiveness of zinc when these components are used together.
- Oleic acid is a fatty acid (omega 9), which is found in foods like Avocado, Almonds, Sesame and Sunflower oils and etc. Just like GLA and ALA ingredients in Revivogen solution, this ingredient is thought to be able to inhibit 5-alpha reductase.
- Beta-sitosterol. Some studies suggest that this ingredient is effective in stopping testosterone from converting to DHT. Other uses of this ingredient are for lowering blood sugar levels.
- Procyanidin oligomers contain high levels of antioxidants therefore it might be beneficial for this condition.
What are the Main Pros and Cons?
- Most of the ingredients in this product are backed by clinical trials to be effective in blocking DHT so as a whole product should work well for most individuals;
- This topical product is made by a trusted company, which is around for more than 10 years;
- Revivogen Scalp Therapy can be used by both men and women;
- This solution requires only one application per day so it will not take you much time daily. Watch a short video at the end of the review to see how easy it is to apply Revivogen.
- Quite reasonably priced since one month of treatment will cost you ~$30.
- Users testimonials about this topical solution are very mixed; It can be said that some other products reviewed in this website have a bit better feedback from consumers;
- Requires up to 18 months of usage for complete results and even ~2-3 months to see improvement. However this is just an average estimation and depending on your hair and scalp condition you might notice improvement quicker.
Are there any Side Effects?
One of the side effects that some users might experience in the beginning of the treatment is increased shedding of hair. However this is not something you should be worried too much about that, since it actually means that Revivogen started to work. This is because when it starts working it will activate new growth cycle of your hair and the hair that is in transition phase might fall out.
According to manufacturer of Revivogen this product doesn’t cause any side effects if used according to directions. However just like with any topical hair loss product it is possible that some people might experience itching and redness of scalp.
What do consumer reviews say?
The consumer reviews of Revivogen that you can find online are very mixed. Some users complain that it either didn’t work or that the solution has a very bad smell. However other consumers are happy with this product and they notice either less hair falling or even some growth. Due to this it can be said that results of this product vary a lot per individual. Read a few actual consumer reviews of Revivogen below.
For more reviews of Revivogen visit Amazon page here.
Directions on how to use Revivogen.
Watch a short video explaining how to use this product correctly.
Where to buy Revivogen and what is the Price?
You can buy this product online on official website and popular websites like Amazon, Drugstore and etc. The price of Revivogen Scalp Therapy depends on which package you will choose to buy. The main basic package includes three bottles of topic solution and it is priced at ~$99. It is enough to use it for three months so basically one month of treatment will cost you about ~$30. There is also an option to choose more advanced packages containing shampoo; however they are a bit more expensive.