What to Eat to Prevent Hair Loss.
Although genetics plays a huge role in hair loss it doesn’t mean that you can’t change anything. One of the easiest ways to stop hair falling and improve your hair health in general is to add more vitamins, nutrients and minerals in your diet that are beneficial for hair. Below is a list of some most important components that should be in every person’s diet that is facing this problem.
1. One of the most beneficial fatty acids for your hair are Omega-3, so it is important to include as much of them in your diet as possible. They are essential for healthy hair since they help to keep your hair and scalp hydrated by proving the necessary oils. In addition to that it gives your hair more elasticity, thus less of your hair ends up breaking and falling. Some of the most omega-3 rich foods are walnuts, salmon, tofu, flax seeds, shrimp, cauliflower and etc.
2. Include more foods in your diet that contains minerals such as Zinc and Silica. Zinc is beneficial for your scalp and hair growth since it promotes new tissue growth and old repair. Even though zinc can be effective in promoting hair growth, too much of it might have even a negative effect on your hair. So it is important to supplement it in moderate dosages (~10 mg per day). Foods that are rich in zinc are beef, sesame and pumpkin seeds, shrimp, turkey and etc. The other mineral silica can be beneficial to your hair by boosting blood flow to your scalp. In case you want to get this mineral from food you should eat more brown rice, apples, soybeans, oranges, horsetail, cucumber and more.
3. Biotin is another component that can help to stop hair falling and improve your scalp health. Thus eating more food or taking supplements that contain biotin is a good choice for people who are suffering from hair loss. The recommended dosage of biotin to promote hair growth is considered to on average 500-700 mcg per day. Some foods that include this component are carrots, eggs, nuts (walnuts and almonds), onions, milk and etc.
4. Eat enough foods that are rich in Iron. It is also important to take more vitamin C together, since it can help to absorb iron better. Iron can not only enchase new hair growth, but also having enough iron will help you avoid illnesses like anemia. As studies show Anemia and iron deficiency is closely related to hair loss. Foods that are rich in iron are: spinach, shrimp, strawberries, chicken, pork, fish and etc.
5. Due to the fact that Protein is one of the components that hair is made of it is important to get enough of it from your diet. When there is deficiency of protein your hair will become dry, weak and brittle. It is important to have more protein in the diet for people who are building muscles and women who are pregnant. To ensure that you have enough protein in your diet you should eat more fish (tuna), pork, chicken, eggs, milk, beans and nuts.
6. Studies show that lack of Magnesium in your body can have negative consequences on hair growth and large deficiencies might even cause falling. Magnesium is primary needed in order to create stronger follicles. Some good sources for magnesium in food are spinach, peanuts, soymilk, almonds, bread and etc.
7. Selenium is yet another important mineral for healthy hair. Not only it stimulates hair growth, but also it helps to reduce dandruff in your scalp. You can actually find it included in various shampoos that are aimed at fighting dandruff. It might also help to get more protein from food, which is also important for your hair. Although it is important not to overuse it since it might have negative effects on your hair too. If you want to get more selenium you should eat foods like shrimp, salmon, tuna, chicken, beef and others.
8. Having more vitamins in your diet can also help to improve your hair health. Some of the most important ones for keeping your hair healthy are Vitamins A, C and E. Vitamin A is important since it promotes the growth of capillaries, which in turn stimulates blood flow to your scalp and thus enchases hair health and growth. Although this vitamin is good for your hair it should be taken in moderate dosages, since too much of it might even damage your hair. To have more Vitamin A in your diet you should eat more carrots, kale, sweet potatoes, spinach and others. Vitamin E is essential for preventing your hair from breaking especially during summer time when sun is more active. Foods that include Vitamin E are almonds, asparagus, avocado, sunflower seeds, spinach and etc. Vitamin C can be beneficial in two ways. First of all, it helps to absorb iron better, which is very important for your hair too. Second of all, this vitamin is used for building collagen that is important for hair growth. Some good sources of Vitamin C in food are lemons, acerolas, bell peppers, oranges, papayas, broccoli and others.